We are first and foremost Christians
Our Statement of Faith
We are first and foremost Christians.
Therefore our first allegiance is to Jesus Christ and to all who love and trust in Him.
We are also members of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches
WE ARE CHRISTIANS
Our proclamation to be Christian distinguishes us from other world religions and cults.
WE ARE EVANGELICALS
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father and in his personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
WE ARE REFORMED
Being Reformed means:
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth. God’s inherent goodness and purposeful creation gives objective moral order and purpose to this world. All of life, thought, work and community is to be lived in joyful and thankful worship of the creator God.
- We believe that God created man and woman in a state of sinlessness with particular dignity as his image bearers on the earth.
- We believe that Adam and Eve sinned against God and that everyone since is a sinner by nature and choice. Sin has totally affected all of creation including marring God’s image and likeness so that all of our being is stained by sin (including reasoning, desires and emotions).
- We believe that because all people have sinned and separated themselves from the Holy God that he is obligated to save no one from the just deserved punishment of hell.
- We believe that God in his unparalleled love and mercy has chosen to elect some people for salvation. We also believe that the salvation of the elect was predestined by God in eternity past.
- We believe that the salvation of the elect was accomplished by the sinless and obedient life, the substitutionary atoning death and the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ in place of his people for their sins.
- We believe that the salvation of the elect, by God’s grace alone, shows forth in the ongoing repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ that leads to good works.
- We believe that God’s saving grace is ultimately irresistible and that God can soften even the hardest heart and save the worst of sinners according to his will.
- We believe that the gospel should be urgently proclaimed to all people so that through the preaching of God’s word and by the power of God’s Spirit they may believe and so be saved.
- We believe that true Christians who are born again of God’s Spirit will be kept by God throughout their life, as evidenced by personal transformation that includes an ever-growing love of God the Father through God the Son by God the Spirit, love of brothers and sisters in the church and love of lost neighbours in their culture.
- We believe God continues to give gifts to his people for the edification of his church. However we do not believe any particular gift is evidence of a fullness of the Spirit. We believe the mature course for church life is to focus on the centre – prayer, preaching the gospel to the world, godly living, loving service and Christ himself as revealed to us in the fully sufficient word of God.
WE ARE MISSIONAL
Being Missional means:
- We believe that our local churches must be faithful to the unchanging content of Biblical doctrine.
- We believe that it is important for local churches and ministers of the gospel to take heed to the changing context of the culture in which they minister.
- We believe that our mission is to bring people to Christ, enfold them in his church so that they can be trained to go out into their culture as effective missionaries.
“In grateful recognition of all God’s faithfulness to us in the past, and in full dependence upon Jesus Christ as the Head and Builder of His Church, holding fast to His Gospel, we, the leaders of this community, led by the Holy Spirit, set out the following vision and consequent strategies, so that there may be unity of purpose amongst us to the praise and glory of God the Father.”